We are in need of full stack product leader who can guide the build of an end-to-end EV leasing platform.
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, Greater Los Angeles Area, or Remote
Our mission at Flux is to make EVs practical and affordable for anyone who needs reliable, cost-effective transportation. We are in need of a senior back-end software engineer who can help build an end-to-end EV leasing platform. From customer education to online ordering and pay-by-the-mile billing, our solution needs to seamlessly integrate many disparate data sources to ensure a good consumer experience and accurate data-driven outcomes.
We are backed by well-known investors who have scouted and helped scale multiple unicorns in the direct-to-consumer and fintech industries.
- Execute a vision for a seamless customer lifecycle experience, starting at vehicle selection and ordering through to bill pay and customer service
- Prioritize data fidelity and IT security
- Create timelines for the development and deployment of all back-end services
- Stay on top of technology trends and developments
- Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards
- 6+ years working in a software development role
- Expert in Ruby on Rails
- Demonstrated history of success delivering product at an early stage startup
- Exceptional process management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to delegate efficiently
Nice to have, but not required:
- Consumer-facing fintech, renewable energy, and/or automotive experience
- You drive or want to drive an EV
- You have personally experienced or have family/friends who have dealt with super-commuting, gig economy driving, and/or high-cost auto loan on unreliable gas vehicles
- Healthcare: Coverage to maintain your well-being
- Retirement: 401K plans for all
- Flexible PTO: Hardworking employees need time to recharge their batteries too.
- Flexible work environment: We’re currently remote-first, but will be finding a convenient office space in the Bay Area where we can collaborate effectively and comfortably
- Parental leave: Paid time off for maternity or paternity care
- Technology and home office stipend: Make sure your setup is ideal
We are a team of electric vehicle and clean energy evangelists who have set out to do things differently when it comes to EV adoption. The EVs of today are better and more affordable than many of the gas cars on sale. So why is it that when 70% of the population says they’re interested in EVs less than 5% of all purchases are actually electric? We’re out to change that with innovative customer acquisition and financing solutions.
We welcome and celebrate talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification. If you like to do things differently, improve people’s lives, and fight against climate change, perhaps Flux is the place for you?