Making driving electric possible for way more people is our mission, and we need you (yes, you!) to make it happen. We believe anyone who wants to drive an EV should have the opportunity, so we help people not only understand the advantages of making the switch – especially those who can benefit the most, like high-mileage commuters and gig drivers – but also provide an easy way to find and finance the right EV for each driver’s personal budget and needs.
That’s where you come in: we are in need of a full-stack product leader who can manage the buildout of a fintech-abled end-to-end EV leasing platform. From customer education to underwriting and pay-by-the-mile billing, our solution needs to seamlessly incorporate consumer engagement, account management, and vehicle telematics.
Ideally, you have consumer-facing fintech, renewable energy, and/or automotive experience. You will be tasked with making product decisions on behalf of the company and work directly with the CEO (me, the job poster) to align the company vision with market needs and technical capabilities. You should be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator, and an expert in software development. Most of all, you must be mission-driven.
- Build on our vision for a seamless customer lifecycle experience, starting at vehicle selection and ordering through to bill pay and customer service
- Prioritize customers’ needs above all else
- Ensure that product roadmap is aligned with technical capabilities and market needs
- Create timelines for the development and deployment of all products and services
- Make executive decisions on behalf of the company’s technological requirements
- Act as a mentor to team members
- Manage high-profile partnerships
- Stay on top of technology trends and developments
- Ensure adherence to regulatory standards
- Manage external team of remote software engineers
- Participate in all-team activities and provide support to other functional areas (operations, marketing, etc.)
- 3+ years working in a technical software product management role (this is not a product strategy position)
- Consumer fintech, renewable energy, and/or automotive experience
- Ability to review work-in-progress code to ensure use cases are being properly addressed
- Demonstrated history of success delivering complex products
- Exceptional process management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to delegate efficiently
- Team-oriented, willing to roll up sleeves and get in the weeds/execute (this isn’t just strategy and decision-making, but DOING), ability to work effectively both autonomously and collaboratively
Nice to have, but not required:
- Bonus points if you already drive an EV!
- Healthcare: Coverage to maintain your well-being
- Retirement: 401K plans for all
- Flexible PTO: Hardworking employees need time to recharge their batteries, too
- Flexible work environment: We’re currently remote-first, but will be finding convenient office spaces in the Bay Area and Los Angeles where we can collaborate effectively and comfortably
- Parental leave: Paid time off for maternity or paternity care
- Technology and home office stipend: Make sure your setup is ideal
We are a team of electric vehicle and clean energy evangelists who have set out to do things differently when it comes to EV adoption. The EVs of today are better and more affordable than many of the gas cars on sale. So why is it that when 70% of the population says they’re interested in EVs less than 3% of all purchases are actually electric? We’re out to change that with innovative customer acquisition and financing solutions.
We welcome and celebrate talent from all backgrounds, perspectives, and walks of life to foster an innovative and diverse workforce. We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every qualification. If you like to do things differently, improve people’s lives, and fight against climate change, perhaps Flux is the place for you?